A life without risk is only a mirage. Regardless of the latent danger life has no taste, it is extremely tasteless. The risk is like salt, the spark that can not miss in any five-star dish. If you do not want to become a tedious affair, you have to live new experiences filled with adrenaline. You can not wait for all the lights to turn green to start the trip. However, there is a middle way to prepare for moments of vertigo and thrills that shoot through your heart like a rocket.
Climbing is an extreme sport in which you only depend on yourself. You will have to avail yourself of your own physical and mental strength to make the ascent, overcoming obstacles and climb the highest summit. There are different types of climbing; as the level of difficulty, fitness and user technique will be more convenient one kind or another.
To make contact with this activity begin with a practice climbing wall using a rope, so-called indoor climbing. This mode should not be confused with the real indoor climbing. Indoor climbing allows you to gain strength and polish your skills to face new challenges. In climbing there is a risk of falling from a considerable height, so always a basic protective equipment is used. Novices, taking their first steps in climbing, the minimum equipment needed: rope, climbing shoes, harness, quickdraws, griji and magnesium. All these elements will be discussed in detail in subsequent articles, contribute to better grip while climbing the wall.
Rock climbing can be a little costly to get set up, but we can always rent or borrow equipment until we eventually own what we need. Always keep safety in mind. First you will need a harness and a helmet. From here we could add several different materials and tools depending on the chosen route and the type of rock.
The basic equipment for climbing :
– Climbing shoes: They must be adjusted and the rubber soles must be good quality
– Cintas express: It takes between 12 and 14 films and have 2 connectors attached by a ribbon of polyamide, Very important when choosing – is to look at the tapes which are to be of an accepted standard.
– Rope: At the time of purchasing a climbing rope keep in mind the diameter. The minimum length of rope is 60 meters, but it is advisable to buy lenghts of 70 meters for general rock climbing.
Desirable diameters ranging from 9.8 cm, 10.0 cm, 10.2 cm, these ropes are more durable and higher absorption of stress
– Harness: the Harness is the most important thing, apart from security, which is very comfortable and the size must be correct.
– Eddy: It’s an automatic screen with an anti-panic system
– Grigri: Is a semi-automatic safety system that ensures safety when falling
If the climber falls, this tool drives a cam that automatically slows the fall, If the climber is not paying attention or has a problem, this system is a life saver. Despite its alleged automatism to stop a fall, you should not release the string at any time as there is a possibility of malfunction without help from the devise.
– Chalk bag