was founded in 2007 by rockclimbers Lee & Samantha Cujes and is based in the city of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia. What is it?
Well, over the years we have offered personal training & coaching to rockclimbers, as well as outdoor guiding & our innovative climbing camps
. We also blog frequently
on the topics of training for climbing
, Lee writes a coaching column in ROCK magazine and is the Oz news editor for the climbing site 8a.nu
. We're lifers.
After road-triping the world in 2010 and seeing how much more Australians are forced to pay for climbing gear, we launched this site in 2011: Upskill Climbing Gear
- Source gear that has not been previously available in Australia
- Use sourcing and selling models which allow for low prices
- Supply outdoor equipment at prices which are better than buying from the USA
- Give super quick, kick-arse service
Why support us?
- Street cred. We're climbers like you, not a big corporation. We're out there doing it at an elite level every single week and have been climbing for over 17 years. BAM!
- We're not selling camping equipment. We're not some generic outdoor shop. We know our products and we know climbing. We will give you expert advice if you need it.
- Price. We aim to make our stuff cheaper than you can buy anywhere else.
- We try hard to make climbing better. See How Upskill Helps Climbing.
Our philosophy for Upskill's online retailing
- Only stock products we believe in.
- Grow very slowly. Build new relationships and add cool new products as we find them.
- There's no point stocking rock climbing gear if you can get it cheaper somewhere else.
- Do what we can to promote and contribute to fair pricing of outdoor gear in Australia.