• All work is done in height, is structural, on ceiling, civil works and other tasks, you must install lifelines or horizontal steel cables 1/2 ” in diameter (13 mm.) With fixed ends the existing system, in order to allow staff to engage or set in the lifelines, the subject line or strap of his harness and facilitate travel and mobility under conditions that ensure high safety levels.
• The lifeline is subject of its ends to the system, you must connect between two anchor points by type Crosby (three on each end) clip with enough tension so that in case of a fall occur the vertical displacement is minimal.
• The lifeline must be tensioned with a tensioner line element least
200 Kg. Of torque.
• the use of fiber cords or other fasteners at height to replace steel cables is prohibited.
• Lifelines shall not be used for any other purpose but to provide a security system fall, allowing the movement of workers.
• The maximum length of a lifeline is 15 meters between extremes.
• Lifelines must be only steel wire.
• The free end of the lifelines should undergo a termination to prevent fraying, these should not be in contact with sharp edges.
• Lifelines must have a prior inspection every time it is used by competent and responsible. The inspections must be recorded in log sheets or checklists.
• Any system of lifeline and / or protective devices that are damaged or signs of deterioration, shall be removed from service and returned immediately.
• Lifelines must be fixed to anchorages must withstand a minimum of 2,268 kg. per insured person or system coupled.
• The horizontal lifeline must be used a maximum of four persons between supports, at a time.
• All horizontal lifeline anchors installed on steel structures such as skeleton (eg pipe rack) must be steel cable 1/2 ” minimum diameter and must be secured at each end by three presses type Crosby .
• When the cable or lifeline is in direct contact with the axes of the beams shall be installed elements that prevent damage or deterioration of the cable with angled or sharp parts of the beams.
• The horizontal lifeline should be installed and maintained only by qualified personnel, who have the necessary knowledge of practices in cargo movement to install and maintain system security.
• Lifelines must be installed so as to facilitate their movement in all areas of structures while a system of fall protection for people is maintained.
• Staff need to install lifelines should be protected from falls at all times using subject lines shrink.
• The vertical lifelines, as part of a complete system or fall arrest equipment will be used as a system / equipment during the fall protection
vertical movement of personnel to ascend or descend by vertical fixed ladders, poles, steel towers for transmission lines, transmitting antennas, mining, civil engineering works and other structures in height.
• The vertical lifelines are built with perlon string 5/8 “in diameter.
• The vertical lifelines must be used by one person at a time.
• This type of fall protection can also be used against the risk of falls in operations such as scaffolding and assembly of steel structures where mooring or fixing points are limited and vertical movement required.
• The tools, accessories used must remain tied with a rope to facilitate use and prevent its free fall.
• To raise or lower tools, materials or any objects should be done carefully and safely through a receptacle and / or string.
• In any work performed at height where flame cutting and / or arc welding is used, it must use seat belts with metal straps, which will prevent the fall of the rope burn.
• The straps should be reviewed by the supervisor and / or foreman, at the time of use
• The straps having bites, cut wires, kinks, loops, etc., they shall be removed from the work area and make them low.
• At the time of installation, the piece will be placed “winds”. In order to help the operator to guide the workpiece mounting point.
• In any maneuver of lifting, slings must be protected against slipping and at points of contact with the workpiece, thus reducing wear or destruction of the straps. To protect the strops or slings should use coving.
• Workers who do move “should not move the load with your hands or placed under it.”
• Under mounting area on the surface area should be isolated with safety belts and signs indicating “Danger Work at Height“, “Danger falling materials.”
• Using the basket for transport of personnel, the worker must tie up your seat belt mounting brackets to the basket for any reason may Estrobar the auxiliary strobe that is connected directly to the crane hook. The procedure “Using basket” should be respected
• The basket should be addressed with a directional line, in order to prevent its rotation, some staff can not remain under the basket when this is hoisted.
• Always connect the free tail hook up to a lifeline or other sturdy structure, which is independent of the working platform.
• Always ensure the telescopic scales tying with a rope, the last step of these to a rigid structure or fixed, thus preventing the scale can slide or have unexpected movements that cause the fall of the worker.
• It is mandatory to wear a harness for working on a ladder about 1.8 meters and fixed on top in an anchoring system.
• To work at height where ladders are used, safety technology must be applied in the three support points, with appropriate assistance from another person at the base of the stairs, you can never expose a person to work at height .
For more information visit www.osha.gov